Moncus Park Dog Park
INFORMATION & RULES
Giles Automotive Family Small Dog Park is an off-leash, permitted dog park.
All unpermitted dogs are welcome ANYWHERE ELSE on Moncus Park property as long as they remain on-leash per City Ordinance Sec. 10-121.
DOG PARK SCHEDULE
We feel it is in your pup's best interest that a rotating schedule of days based on height be implemented until the Large Dog Run is completed in the coming months.
SMALL ( < 16 inches) : ODD DAYS (1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.) of the month
LARGE ( > 16 inches) : EVEN DAYS (2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.) of the month
DOG PARK RULES
- Use both Dog Parks at your own risk.
- Dogs must wear proof of current permit (Moncus Park Tag) – if you have not received your tag, please have permit confirmation email ready.
- There is a maximum of three dogs per one human allowed.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the dog park.
- Both gates in the corral must remain closed.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by their owners immediately.
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately.
- No pet handlers under the age of 16, and children under the age of 12 must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Owners must always remain in the Dog Park with their dogs – leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- No food (human or animal) allowed in the Dog Park – drinks are OK!
- No smoking.
- The Giles Small Dog Park is open from 5 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Only spayed/neutered dogs allowed.
- Puppies less than 6 months old are prohibited.
- Failure to abide by Moncus Park’s Dog Park rules may result in loss of privileges, removal, or fines.
- Owners are responsible and waive liability to Moncus Park for any injury or damage caused by dog.
- In Case of Emergency, call 911
- In Case of Dog Fight, call Lafayette Animal Shelter: 337-291-5644
- For questions and/or additional information, email Rebecca Owens at email@example.com.
*For Dog Park permit questions, please contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org. For events at the Dog Park, please contact Heather at email@example.com.