MONCUS PARK DOG PARKS
Giles Automotive Family Small Dog Park - NOW OPEN
Best Friends Bark Park for Large Dogs - COMING SOON
Entrance to the dog parks require a permit to ensure that all dogs have been properly vaccinated and spayed or neutered. All unpermitted dogs are welcome ANYWHERE ELSE on Moncus Park property as long as they remain on leash per City Ordinance Sec. 10-121.
- The Giles Small Dog Park is open from 5 a.m. – 10 p.m daily. The Giles Small Dog Park is closed every Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for cleaning and maintenance.
- Dogs must wear proof of current permit (Moncus Park Tag) – if you have not received your tag, please have permit confirmation email ready.
- Only spayed/neutered dogs allowed.
- Dogs must be up to date on all required vaccines.
- Puppies less than 6 months old are prohibited.
- There is a maximum of three dogs per one human allowed.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the dog park and both gates in the corral must remain closed.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by their owners immediately.
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately.
- Pet handlers must be at least 16 years of age, and children under the age of 12 are prohibited.
- No food (human or animal) allowed in the Dog Park – drinks are OK!
- No toys allowed in the Dog Park – tennis balls are OK!
- No smoking.
- Use both Dog Parks at your own risk.
- Failure to abide by Moncus Park’s Dog Park rules may result in loss of privileges, removal, or fines.
- Owners are responsible and waive liability to Moncus Park for any injury or damage caused by dog.
- Owners must always remain in the Dog Park with their dogs – leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- In Case of Dog Fight, call Lafayette Animal Shelter: 337-291-5644. In Case of Emergency, call 911.
- For questions and/or additional information, email Rebecca Owens at email@example.com.
Dog Park Ambassadors help Moncus Park and the Acadiana community of dog lovers keep Giles Small Dog Park a happy, healthy, and safe space for dogs and their owners to relax and enjoy. This valuable opportunity includes:
- Welcoming and greeting users of the Dog Park
- Monitoring Dog Park guests and their furry companions
- Facilitating a fun and enjoyable environment in the Dog Park
- Educating, informing, and advocating for Moncus Park
This dog park is generously sponsored by Giles Automotive and the Giles Family.
For more information about the Ambassador Program, email Rebecca Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to hear from you!
Please contact us:
Community Engagement Coordinator
2901 Johnston St, Ste. 304
Lafayette, LA 70503
Leave Your Mark in the Bark Park:
This exciting new project coincides with the launch of a new brick fundraising campaign for Moncus Park. Moncus Park encourages community members to cement their connection to this remarkable new space with the purchase of bricks inscribed with the names of their beloved pets. Bricks will be installed within the overlook at Best Friends Bark Park in 2024. Bricks are available for purchase for $200. Click below to purchase yours today!