Join The Team
Moncus Park will be opening soon, and we are looking for great new team members to help program, operate, maintain, and support this incredible, new world-class park! At Moncus Park, team members must be passionate about our community, about the importance of parks, and about providing high-quality experiences for park-goers. This requires collaboration and support across teams, with a constant focus on entrepreneurialism, professionalism, and customer service. Each team member must also share an appreciation that everyone on the Moncus Park team plays a role in fundraising and increasing community support!
If this seems like the right place for you, begin your search by exploring the job opportunities below! Only resumes for posted positions are accepted. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Due to the high volume of applicant resumes received, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions, but encourage you to check back in the future for any additional employment opportunities, as we will continue to grow in the coming years as more park elements are constructed! Moncus Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Moncus Park provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company-Matched Retirement Plan
We update this list as positions become available. Check back often.
To apply for any of these positions, please click the link or use the email provided within the job description. For position inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Events & Programming Manager
Special Events and Programming Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Direct Reports: Volunteers, Future Events and Programming staff
In collaboration with senior leadership and committees, the Special Events and Programming Manager is responsible for successfully developing, promoting, planning, and implementing a variety of public events and programming for Moncus Park. Additionally, the Special Events and Programming Manager also recruits, trains, and manages Park volunteers. The position focuses heavily on fostering and maintaining relationships with regional organizations, consultants (event contractors, wedding planners, etc.) and park patrons while providing exceptional hospitality. Knowledge of the community will support increased volunteerism and ensure relevant park programming. This role requires resourcefulness and a flexible work schedule.
|Key Responsibilities||% Time|
|1||Public Event Sales and Management||40%|
|2||Fundraising Event Planning||25%|
|3||Programming Development and Management||20%|
|4||Volunteer Recruitment and Management||15%|
- Public Event Sales and Management
- Actively participate in outreach opportunities attracting new patrons and new business to the Park.
- Plan, produce and/or execute a variety of special events and activities including, but not limited to, weddings, festivals, fundraisers, galas, holiday events, corporate functions and birthday parties to promote interest, engagement and enjoyment of the public to achieve revenue goals.
- Collaborate with vendors, clients, external organizations and volunteers in an ongoing, communicative, and professional manner.
- Represent Moncus Park at offsite functions and trade shows, as needed.
- Responsible for booking events and maintaining a Park-wide events calendar.
- Secure proper documentation and contracts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, prospects and community partners.
- Communicate and respond timely to client inquiries and special requests.
- Process all payments according to Moncus Park Cash Handling Procedures.
- Collaborate with Sr. Leadership to develop, review, and evaluate internal event business plans and budgets.
- Participate in ongoing budget reviews to meet profit and expenditure objectives.
- Responsible for financial management of special event operations with regard to accounting records and transactions, budget preparation and control, and the purchase, inventory, and reporting of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that all park events fully comply with insurance, permitting, and safety regulations.
- Attract new business (movie shoots, concerts, festivals, outdoor events, etc.) to generate increased revenue.
- Work closely with Marketing or consultants and Senior Leadership on event branding, promotional materials, and public relations.
- Monitor website for accurate placement and descriptions of all events.
- Fundraising Event Planning
- Work closely with internal teams and assist in the planning and execution of experiences and events that support fundraising goals and contact opportunities including the annual gala.
- Manage all volunteers that assist with event planning and execution.
- Develop and monitor a timeline and for promoting and executing events.
- Collaborate with Development Team on sponsorship opportunities, sponsor experiences, and recognition.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure prompt donor acknowledgement, accurate donor recognition and prospect tracking.
- Establish and communicate priorities and allocate resources to achieve fundraising event goals.
- Programming Development and Management
- Develop, advertise, and execute educational and recreational programming in the Park.
- Work with community partners to attract appropriate programming to the Park on a recurring and one-time basis.
- Directly supervise day to day programming activities.
- Evaluate programs, implementing improvements/adjustments in order to improve efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the Park.
- Coordinator volunteer schedules and communicate effectively to ensure participation.
- Supervise volunteers and provide direction and coordination for all volunteer roles within the Park and for Park events.
- Participate in work activities of volunteers when applicable (larger projects).
- Actively recruit groups and individuals (schools, organizations, faith-based communities, etc.) to volunteer at the Park by attending recruiting events within the community, online promotions and all other avenues.
- Facilitate any necessary volunteer training and secure any required volunteer supplies.
- Evaluate volunteer experience, implementing improvements/adjustments as needed.
- Occasionally represent Moncus Park at weekly Farmers and Artisans Market.
|Required Education, Experience and Abilities:|
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience with medium and large size event planning and execution.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Marketing experience.
- Ability to communicate proactively and effectively with Park leadership, committee members, and the general public.
- Ability to provide excellent hospitality.
- Ability to maintain an energetic, forward-thinking, professional environment.
- Extremely high attention to detail, demonstrating an execution bias focusing on consistent, central goals.
- Strong writing/verbal skills.
- Resourcefulness along with great research and prioritization skills.
- A clear comprehension of how to work efficiently and effectively.
- Consideration of self as team member and partner in the Park success, which often includes answering public inquiry outside of work hours.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Business casual attire and professional appearance required in office at all times.
- Experience with creating/managing programs and activities.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suit (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions, as well as practical problem-solving.
|Competency & Skill Requirements:|
- Organizational Skills – Must have strong time management skills.
- Public Speaking – Will need to assist in representing the organization in a public capacity.
- Communications/Marketing – Will need to participate in overall marketing strategy creation and execution, monitor and respond to results achieved, and ensure all messaging and materials appropriately reflect the brand, goals, and mission of the Park.
- Professionalism – Will be a visible member of the organization and must carry themselves in a respectful manner to ensure community confidence in the project and in our team.
- Community Focus – Must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with community in mind.
- Customer Service — Thorough knowledge of principles and practices for providing customer services and hospitality. This includes setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strategic Thinking – Maintain consideration for the many moving parts of the Park project and fundraising campaigns while executing planned events on more detail-oriented levels.
- Collaboration – Must work well cross-functionally with team members.
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: [to be hired] Special Events & Programming Manager; Visitor Services Coordinator; Landscape & Maintenance Supervisor; Natural Resource Manager; and Security staff
Working with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Committees, the Operations Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the park, including facilities, trails, and open spaces; supervising staff directly and through subordinates; and performing related duties as required. The Operations Director will direct all aspects of the Park’s operational policies, objectives, and initiatives, and is responsible for the attainment of short- and long-term financial and operational goals as well as directing the development of the organization to ensure future growth.
- Operations and Personnel
- Plans and oversees day-to-day operation of park.
- Interacts with heads of all Operation Department and directly manages and oversees their functions, including: Grounds Maintenance, Miniature Golf, Carousel, Kayak Rental, Concessions, Special Events and Rentals, Farmers’ Market, Dog Park, and Custodial, as well as any future departments.
- Creates strategies for the functioning of the Park and oversees their functions.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; apprising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Works with Park management to ensure that expectations are defined in such a way as to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Park operations and are clearly communicated to employees.
- Approves and promotes site programming/events.
- May administer grant projects related to site.
- Works with neighborhood and community groups on matters of civic, park, and recreational interest.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relevant to the Park.
- Directs all procurement-related operations: reviews property-related data, such as inventories, budgets, planning reports, and excess property as well as communicating with park staff, conferring and corresponding with suppliers, contractors and manufacturers to resolve problems.
- Prepares plans, specifications, contract documents, and cost estimates for projects, programs, and equipment. Oversees and coordinates construction projects.
- Reviews, recommends revisions, and interprets rules, regulations, and laws.
- Serves as liaison for the site with outside agencies in matters pertaining to the worksite.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Manages park facility expenditures. Makes operational decisions keeping budget in mind.
- Purchases and/or oversees distribution of site materials and supplies. Reviews and/or prepares supporting documentation related to site purchasing.
- Maintains records and prepares necessary reports, including financial reports that account for revenues and expenditures.
- Prepares and administers Operations budget. Prepares short- and long-term operation plans, including sales goals, marketing plans, and quality-control initiatives
- Accountable for the collection and deposit of all revenue generated at the Park through daily use.
- Prepares weekly fiscal, revenue, and visitation reports.
- Ensures proper handling of daily shift reconciliation.
- Oversees and provides assistance with park fundraising events through Miniature Golf, Carousel, Kayak Rental, Concessions, Special Events and Rentals, Farmers’ Market, and Dog Park as well as any future sources of revenue
- Works with staff to monitor Federal, State, or grant funded projects.
- Security and Safety
- Works directly with local law enforcement to control violence and vandalism.
- Directs patrol activities to detect any violations of agency or departmental rules, or the existence of hazardous conditions.
- Oversees security for the guests of the park and assists with law enforcement situations as they arise.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the overall safety, emergency preparedness, and loss prevention program that is designed to reduce accidents, decrease costs, and protect staff, property, and equipment. Makes recommendations to resolve potential safety concerns.
- Supervises the distribution and establishment of all safety guidelines for the Park.
- Coordinates all inspection programs, develops accident statistics, and prepares reports regarding the status of current safety programs.
- Conducts safety meetings for the Park to inform all employees of the newest rules and procedures; prepares and conducts safety training for all Park employees in regard to CPR, first aid, and emergency preparedness.
- Reviews and investigates claims of losses and accidents, and documents findings. Advises Executive Director and Board of Directors regarding complex accident cases.
- Maintenance and Custodial
- Oversees the maintenance and care of Park and facilities.
- Plans and ensures execution of regularly scheduled overall Park, facilities, and equipment inspections. Inspects Park and facilities to ensure proper care and maintenance of property and makes recommendations regarding needed improvements or measures necessary to protect the natural environment.
- Coordinates major park maintenance or construction projects; works with appropriate personnel and outside contractors regarding major maintenance and development of buildings, water systems, roadways, or other facilities, and oversees the service and repair of buildings, picnic areas, roads, trails, etc.
- Responsible for supervision of third-party contractors retained by the Park.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Required Education and Experience:|
- A bachelor’s in Business Administration, Planning, Environmental Science, Park and Recreation Management, or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in varied management and/or operational positions.
- Master’s degree in subject areas preferred.
|Competency & Skill Requirements:|
- Additional Skills – excels at strategical thinking; excellent communication and leadership skills; strong negotiation abilities; a sound knowledge of finance planning, tax reforms, and strategy planning, along with business administration; ability to work well under pressure; exceptional management capabilities.
- Public Speaking – will need to assist in representing the organization in a public capacity, whether at the Farmers’ Market or other events, in fundraising meetings, or during public presentations to various stakeholders throughout the community. Excellent interpersonal, public relations, oratory, and presentation skills are a must.
- Professionalism – will be a visible partner in the organization, and must carry themselves in a respectful manner to ensure community confidence in the project, and in our team.
- Community Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with community in mind.
- Sustainability Focus – Park employees must strive to decrease our environmental footprint by continually seeking ways to reduce waste and energy usage, care for habitat and wildlife, and to serve as models to our patrons to do the same through education and example.
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration to email@example.com.
Located at: 2901 Johnston Street #304, Lafayette, LA 70503
Just south of the intersection of Johnston Street and Bertrand Drive
Adjacent to South College Shopping Center
Across the street from Winwood Shopping Center