- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company-Matched Retirement Plan
Reports to: Executive Director, Finance Committee
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Lafayette Central Park, Inc. is responsible for designing, building and operating Lafayette’s newest urban park named Moncus Park. Our 100-acre greenspace is undergoing a transformation that will endure for generations to come. Moncus Park staff is charged with the operation, maintenance, and realization of the Master Plan which includes ongoing fundraising efforts and long-term capital planning.
Moncus Park seeks an experienced, collaborative, proven leader to help develop and guide financial infrastructure, capital planning, budgeting and bookkeeping. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) and Finance Committee, the Finance Manager will oversee all accounting functions and be involved in strategic planning and internal initiatives to support capital projects and mission execution. They must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in a self-directed and deadline-oriented workplace. This position works closely with other departments, with relevant Board members, and is currently supported by an Office Manager and Operations Coordinator.
1. Planning and Processes
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and capital planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
- Under the direction of the ED, support long-term financial planning, developing forward-looking, financial analysis that provides insight into operations, capital projects, business lines, new projects and plans.
- Oversee cash management, asset management, payroll, and contract compliance as it relates to finances.
- Deliver improvements focused on efficiency and cost-effectiveness while adapting easily to changing environments.
2. Deliverables and Management
- Oversee the organization’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations.
- Track and analyze all financial data, monitoring performance against plans/budgets.
- Oversee accurate, timely and highly organized accounts and reporting systems that are compliant with GAAP standards, other regulatory requirements, and with nonprofit best practices.
- Manage cash flow to ensure liquidity for operations and projects; ensures required cash reserves.
- Manage risk including administering insurance with the oversight of the ED.
- Produce monthly reports for ED and the finance committee.
- Provide reporting materials for grants, governmental contracts, and work with the Development department as necessary to support fundraising activities.
- Oversee the annual audit, payroll taxes, 990s and other tax forms.
- Ensure donor records and financial records are appropriately reconciled.
- Manage relationships with financial institutions and work closely with partner organizations for financial reporting.
- Assists staff with departmental planning, contract tracking, and budgeting.
- Works cross-functionally with all departments to support strategic planning and internal initiatives.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years accounting experience preferred. Nonprofit or construction accounting is a plus
- Fluency in QuickBooks
- Extremely comfortable learning new technology and systems.
- Keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills; tech-savvy; proactive, hands-on and focused on timely, well executed deliverables
- Ability to relay financial matters to people of varying levels of expertise
- Strong communication skills; experience creating and delivering concise, compelling management reports
- Collaborative and flexible working style, with a strong service mentality
- Maintains an energetic, forward-thinking, professional environment
- Strategic thinking, to maintain consideration for the many moving parts of the project and campaigns while executing plans on more detail-oriented levels
- Consideration of self as team member and partner in project
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Please provide a cover letter and resume complete with relevant experience and professional references. To apply, please contact Chelsey Roberie, Office Manager | email@example.com | 337-500-1177
Reports to: Grounds Manager
As a representative of Moncus Park, we seek a Groundskeeper that will enhance excellent guest experiences through the outstanding quality of work performed. We are looking to hire an experienced Landscaper to help us (and our plants) grow. If you are hard-working and dedicated to the beautification and preservation of native Louisiana landscapes, Lafayette’s newest park wants you to join our team! This team member, under supervision of the Grounds Manager, will provide special care to all landscaping and horticulture needs at the nearly 100-acrepublic park. The Groundskeeper is responsible for building and maintaining garden beds and plantings including seasonal pruning, plant replacement, mulching, and pest control to maintain operational excellence.
We update this list as positions become available. Check back often.
To apply for any of these positions, please click the link or use the email provided within the job description. For position inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located at: 2901 Johnston Street #304, Lafayette, LA 70503
Adjacent to South College Shopping Center
Across the street from Winwood Shopping Center