Join The Team
Moncus Park will be opening soon, and we are looking for great new team members to help program, operate, maintain, and support this incredible, new world-class park! At Moncus Park, team members must be passionate about our community, about the importance of parks, and about providing high-quality experiences for park-goers. This requires collaboration and support across teams, with a constant focus on entrepreneurialism, professionalism, and customer service. Each team member must also share an appreciation that everyone on the Moncus Park team plays a role in fundraising and increasing community support!
If this seems like the right place for you, begin your search by exploring the job opportunities below! Only resumes for posted positions are accepted. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Due to the high volume of applicant resumes received, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions, but encourage you to check back in the future for any additional employment opportunities, as we will continue to grow in the coming years as more park elements are constructed! Moncus Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Moncus Park provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company-Matched Retirement Plan
We update this list as positions become available. Check back often.
To apply or inquire for any of these positions please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lafayette Central Park, Inc.
Reports to: Manager of Development and Communication
Working with the Manager of Development and Communication, Board Members, and Committees, the Development Associate is responsible for performing a variety of highly responsible, confidential and complex secretarial and administrative duties for Lafayette Central Park. Responsibilities include attending meetings, preparing minutes and reports as well as special assignments requiring research and initiative. This position maintains confidential and sensitive information regarding project planning and the capital campaign.
- Administrative and Secretarial Duties
- Screens visitors and phone calls at office; routes calls or answers questions and handles general inquiries for information as appropriate.
- Serves as confidential secretary to executive staff and Board of Directors; types, proofreads, and processes a wide variety of complex and confidential reports, letters, and memoranda.
- Maintains appointment calendar, makes travel/meeting reservations and arrangements for executive staff and Board members.
- Reviews or coordinates mail and documents for signature.
- Serves as assistant to Executive Director
- Attends meetings, prepares minutes and distributes accordingly.
- Prepares correspondence drafts; types from rough draft or verbal instructions; takes and transcribes dictation; assists park leadership in maintaining effective communications with the Board of Directors, existing and potential donors, and consultants.
- Researches and provides information on subjects as required; refers requests for specific information about technical or specialized matters to appropriate consultants.
- Reviews completed correspondence and reports for accuracy, form and completion.
- Fundraising Assistance
- Acts as secondary responsible party for data entry of relationship management with prospective donors and community leaders engaged in the capital campaign through LCP’s Salesforceplatform; inputting gifts.
- Coordinates delivery of pre- and post-meeting materials, including pamphlets, Master Plan booklets, Thank You cards, fundraising proposal packets, invitations to donor events, etc.
- Assists in coordinating property tours with prospective donors and community leaders.
- Events / Communications
- Collaborates with the Manager of Development and Communications and Public Relations Committee to solicit and promote communication to the public through various media about the park.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Development and Communications and Events Committee to conceive, develop, and execute events of various scales and themes, including quarterly or biannual cocktail parties to connect major donors and the general public to the park and Board.
- Communicates proactively and effectively with Senior Leadership, Board members, and the general public.
- Attention to detail, demonstrating an execution bias.
- Maintains an energetic, forward-thinking, professional environment.
- Business casual attire and professional appearance required in office at all times.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Organizational Skills– Development Associate must have strong time management skills, with a proactive approach to keeping organized and operating at optimum efficiency
- ClericalSkills– must have strong research, writing, and reporting skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Professionalism– will be a visible partner in the organization and must carry themselves in a respectful manner to ensure community confidence in the project and in our team.
- Community Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with community in mind.
- Social Media Skills– general understanding of various social media platforms and ability to write appropriate content with direction and review
Located at: 2913 Johnston St, Lafayette, LA 70503
Just south of the intersection of Johnston Street and Bertrand Drive
Adjacent to South College Shopping Center
Across the street from Winwood Shopping Center